Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Journey of Conscience

My heart had felt a very great stress,
Soft hands were callused from hard work,
The toils of life had pushed me down,
To a place that was void of mirth.

There was pride in my destination,
My thoughts were set on wealth.
And in the midst of all of these,
I was slowly losing my health.

I sought prestige with material advantage,
These selfish yearnings were all in vain.
Then I was given the growth of wisdom,
Like sweet sunshine after the rain.
T. Davis


In the test of time and moment of truth.
When I saw the straight path of redemption.
It was the things the world would offer,
Which were not worthy of honorable mention.


As time passed slowly before my eyes,
All hopes and dreams had vanished.
For the things I thought were important,
Were gradually and inevitably relinquished.


Now contentment rests surely with love
Joy and happiness comes from the heart.
These are wonderful treasures of life,
Gracefully given to us from the start.
T. Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment